The latest technology for treating all skin concerns such as:
- Rosacea, red capillaries
- Post cosmetic surgery
- Pigmentation and brown spots
- Fine line, wrinkles and aging/ sun damaged skin
- Facial Swelling or Edema
What is phototherapy
Medi Light therapy or Photo therapy has been shown to increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by supplying additional oxygen and nutrients needed for healing. There is also an increase in collagen synthesis, an increase in cellular growth, accelerated wound healing, and a number of additional positive effects:
- Stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair and replace damaged tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together with a high degree of elasticity. Increasing collagen production will decrease scar tissue at the injured site.
- Increase lymphatic system activity. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part which can be evacuated by the blood system and the second is comprised of the proteins which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibres.
- Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
At facial care by Sia Sydney Pitt St and Bondi Junction we offer a wide range of single concentrated true light wavelengths that are specific to targeting the condition accordingly;
At 410 nanometres, this is optimum wavelength for effective treatment for acne vulgaries and acne infectious.
At 590 nanometres, this light is normally used on IPL units for photo facials / rejuvenation. Yellow light will produce a remarkable result on skin, brown spots and uneven pigmentation.
At 630 nanometres, Red Light increases the production of collagen and elastin, as well as increasing circulation therefore assisting in photo-rejuvenation. It is also used for rosacea and to reduce inflammation of tissue after liposuction or cosmetic surgery.
At 850 nanometres, this is an invisible light. This is used mainly in treatments on the skin post trauma induced peels or any cosmetic surgery.
Each skin condition is analysed and the correct wavelength of light will be used accordingly. There is slight to no discomfort during treatments and the treatments may run anywhere from 10-30min depending on the condition. A recommended number of treatments will be needed over the weeks.
One may also have this treatment in conjunction with other treatments to maximize and intensify the results and a range of medical grade skincare products may be prescribed for maximum effect.
We don’t recommend treatment is carried out on the following conditions;
- Pregnancy – Do not apply light therapy directly over the womb.
- Cancer – Do not apply light therapy over areas where an active cancer is present.